Tuesday, April 7, 2009

TA DA!

So I finished my book finally (thanks to a friendly kick in the pants).. I was totally dragging my feet because I was afraid that I would not be happy with what it turned out to be like in the end. That would be a blow. Turns out that I am pleased. Not thrilled - I still see lots of problems with it, but, I like it.

The best part is that the thing is out of my head and actually printed on paper. I can't tell you how good it feels to hold it in my hand. It is still rough around the edges but it is to the point that it would be okay to let people actually read it.

I feel very vulnerable however. I didn't realize how much of my heart that I would put into it. It is, after all, my brain child and I have been working on it for years. I know it needs critical inspection and feedback to bring it of age and make it better but I am going to have to pair friendly critiques with lots of chocolate. I'm glad that the first readers are my good friends. I know they will be kind and I am counting on them to be helpfully honest.

Yeah me!! *claps*

and hello blogging again!

No comments: