Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Poor T's Teeth


My darling brave daughter has inherited my teeth. poor thing. She has teeth too big for her little mouth. Also her teeth are stubborn. I blame this on her dad. They won't fall out. This whole tooth growing process is near the top of the list of questions I want to ask when I get to Heaven.

"Could you, please explain to me what is up with the tooth thing? Why aren't babies born with them? a speechless helpless baby is hard enough without adding miserable crankiness while teething. also, why do they have to fall out? The rest of our bones grow with our bodies. I'm not saying it's a bad plan. In fact, I'm sure there is an excellent reason. I just want to understand what that is."

I have this question all planned out cuz I've thought about it every time there has been a tooth transition with our kids. Especially cuz in our family I am the designated tooth puller-outer.

2 week ago T had to go to the dentist to get 4 teeth pulled. They were way over due and were not budging. Xrays showed that everything behind them were stalled and causing problems. *Ugh*

She had a set of 4 taken out 6 months ago and that didn't help. So they decided to pull the rest. She is a trooper tho and suffered through the puffy-lipped, scary bone-crunching experience with a toughness I wouldn't have mustered. These things were MONSTERS! They still had sharp claw-shaped roots locked on to the permanent teeth. Yikes! I was going to paste pics of them on here but they are too scary looking. *shivers*

She has also dealt with the after effects without complaint. Poor thing. She now has no teeth that actually fit together to chew with. And those that are there are now tender and sore cuz everything moving at once.

After this, braces will be a cinch.

2 comments:

The Nielsens said...

I have questions about teeth too!!!! Like why did my 13 year old end up with 13 missing permanent teeth and the babies teeth are all ankylosed(sp?)to the bone and in order to fix this problem he will have to have 4 quadrants of his bone cut in two place, braces put on the baby teeth and the bones moved into place so that we can spend ours and his life savings and everything else to install implants? So sorry for T's teeth problems. NO FUN!!!

Lisa said...

okay Deen you win...Ouch. Poor guy. I'm hurting for him. Good Grief!