Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Eyes Have It

It happened. My mother told me that it would when I was exactly this age. She was right.

I was getting ready for church and put on my necklace. I turned the clasp to the front and bent my chin down to see it and I couldn't. Everything was fuzzy. I blinked and squinted but nothing changed. I had lost my eyesight. eek!

I've been in denial a little. I started noticing that one eye wasn't seeing as well as the other. I would close it while birdwatching, all the while blaming the focus on the binoculars. *laughs*

I finally had to admit that it is my focus that is off. I've seen my friends start to hold things out further in front of them in order to see better on close up things. I guess I'm going to have to teach my husband how to put necklaces on for me or just start wearing longer ones. *sigh*

2 comments:

Scott and Kristy said...

Boy do I under stand, it's not fun when you can't see a thing

Tina Fraidenburg said...

You know that's why your mom tattooed her eyeliner on, right? I'm excited to hear your tattooing experience. he he he.