Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easy Being Green


Sunday was a wonderful Spring day. It was perfect for our Easter / Stake Conference / Day of Rest / Spring Break. After Conf (which we get to have at awesome Logan Tabernacle) we hung out in our backyard soaking in the sun and laying on the coming-out-of-hiberation lawn. I LOVED being on my tummy in my sock feet with the sun warming the back of my hair. I put my head down on my crossed arms and breathed in the smell of spring grass and warm earth. Ahhhhhhh. It was as if my soul was waking up from a long winter nap. I could feel my spirit uncurl from the fetal position that it assumes in yucky winter weather and stretch itself. I love that smell so much it almost hurts. I know that if I was blind that I would still have the same favorite color. That smell is the color green.

p.s. Tues and Weds has been rainy wetness. The lawns all look gorgeously lush and ready to mow. J got out of the Jeep on weds morning as I dropped him off for school and took a big sniff. He looked back at me, squinched up his nose, and said, "It smells like worms out her." He also has a nose for spring. *snork*

No comments: