Monday, June 22, 2009

My Dad's Day


Did y'all know that I was born on Father's Day? Yep. My mom says that they had to have someone go to the Doctor's Sacrement meeting to pull him out of church on Father's day to deliver me. (before beepers and cell phones ya know)
Here is picture of us together on the first Father's Day.. aren't we both cute? He's the one with the awesome sideburns...

Some years I get to share the day with my dad. This year I got Saturday and he got Sunday. I like that arrangement best cuz we get to hang out together for two days in a row. *smiles*

On Saturday he came to see me and he was driving his new toy, a 2009 Mustang. Super cool and flashy silver! He let me drive it! Awesome! What a great present! I only kinda felt like I was 16 again with my dad watching how I was driving. *grin*

On Sunday we got to have dinner together! He fixed yummy dutch oven with extra mushrooms *happy sigh* I had three helpings!


My dad is awesome. I think that he can fix anything. He has a creative talent to think up solutions. He always seems prepared and is a perfectionist about doing a good job on his projects. He is always helpful, dependable, and trustworthy - chock full (why do we say that?) of Integrity. He loves to enjoy the outdoors and to have a good time. He is a man with some great hobbies and he loves to spend time with friends and family.

I just love all of these things about him and more! Happy Father's Day dad!

2 comments:

Tina Fraidenburg said...

I love your Dad! He has to be a favorite Uncle. You mentioned such great things about him, but you did forget to add that he looks like Tom Selleck. ;)

Cindy said...

You are so sweet to put this all in writing for the world to see!!
You are so thoughtful and this goes dido for me with dad and Trav and Niki!!!
Thanks for putting my thoughts into words as well. :)
Love, sis