Thursday, May 28, 2009

Techie Gadget Combo

Hello Friends! I have been messing with the sidebars here and not posting. So now I will dazzle y'all with a post about my sidebar. I've changing and un-changing some stuff there (you might not have even noticed unless you check everyday)

It began as a quest for a simple hit counter (which I still haven't found) and the only thing I have made permanent is the countdown to my Birthday. I love this countdown more than any other because is is accurate to the sec! *laugh*

I was blown over one day 2 weeks ago. I had posted some - i thought - funny stuff in posts and hadn't gotten any comments. *hears crickets* I thought maybe that no one was peeking and that I was, once again, talking to myself.

I made some reference to some story in front of my YW and one of them laughed and said "yea, I read about that one your blog." *open mouth shock* I didn't even know she even knew about it. She followed the link on my Facebook account. wow. I wonder who else has been reading my stuff? Hence, the hit counter quest.

Blogger has a new list of gadgets and this one caught my eye... it is a Follower list. Haven't seen how it works yet. I was kinda hoping for a guest book but I dunno what this one is yet. If it is a tattle tale about how often people look then I don't want it. But if it let's you sign a howdy then I'll keep it.

If the Follower isn't in the sidebar by the time you read this then I'm sure I've found another toy to put in it's place....

5/29 Update: Well, that didn't last long.. It WAS a tattler and when folks signed up it changed their own blog and dashboard... in the word's of my brother: "LAME!" so it's ouuta here...

I guess y'all will just have to fess up about checking in on me by making a comment and saying hello. *winks*

and don't forget to scroll to the bottom of the page and feed my virtual fish! *cheeses*

2 comments:

Skeeter said...

This is a test of the new Top Comment-er counter thingy!

Lisa said...

this is comment test number 2!